This presentation, developed by Jeanette and Paul Stehr Green and narrated by Cindi Snider, MPH, gives you an overview of theoretical considerations behind undertaking a survey including sampling methods and sample size.
• Discuss reason for using sample versus complete census in a survey
• Describe four different methods for selecting a sample
• Identify most appropriate method for selecting a sample
• List determinants of sample size
• Calculate desirable sample size
The North Carolina learning modules are applicable to all public health, medical, veterinary, pharmacy, emergency management, hospital and other professionals interested in public health preparedness. These modules are created by faculty and guest lecturers at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.