This presentation by Dr. Douglas Crawford-Brown, MS, PhD, gives you an overview of key concepts in risk assessment, hazard identification, exposure and exposure-response assessment, and risk characterization.
• Define a risk assessment and understand how it is used
• Conduct a simple risk assessment
• Apply the results of a risk assessment to environmental decisions
• Understand key concepts and definitions
• Critique a risk assessment by noting its strengths and weaknesses
The North Carolina Center for Public Health Preparedness learning modules are applicable to all public health, medical, veterinary, pharmacy, emergency management, hospital and other professionals interested in public health preparedness.
Participants in this course will receive .05 CEU credits for the completion of this course. These modules are created by faculty and guest lecturers at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.