The purpose of the video and the accompanying guide is to educate professionals who care for persons with serious mental illness about planning, preparation and responding to intentional and unintentional disasters and public health emergencies. At the completion of this the learner will be able to:
1. Define terminology and concepts related to terrorism and disaster
2. Recognize how NJ is prepared to respond in the event of a public health emergency
3. Identify changes in the consumer's mental health status post-disaster
4. Mediate the responses to disaster and public health emergencies
5. Discuss preparedness within a program, 6. Recognize the need for self-care and self-care strategies.
|DVD Presentation Guide.pdf||58.97 KB|